2018 GRAND GARDEN SHOW REGISTRATION DETAILS
GRAND HOTEL PACKAGE ~ Register NOW!
Sunday, August 26 – Tuesday, August 28, 2018
To register call 1-800-334-7263 or online at Grand Hotel.
The cost of the Grand Garden Show is included in your package.
Standard Price: $1,475 per Couple, $1,325 Single, plus tax and fees *
Lakeview Price: $1,889 per Couple, $1,739 Single, plus tax and fees *
- Accommodations for August 26 and 27.
- Full breakfast and five-course dinner daily.**
- Sunday evening reception.
- Monday morning seminars.
- Monday afternoon exclusive tours of private Mackinac Island gardens.
- Monday evening reception.
- Tuesday morning seminars.
- Tuesday afternoon exclusive tours of private Mackinac Island gardens.
- Free admission to the Richard & Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum.
- Special discount on ferry boat tickets.
- No tipping within Grand Hotel.
Stay additional night(s). Friday, August 24, Saturday, August 25 and Tuesday, August 28 are offered at a discounted price of $239.00 per room, per night, plus tax and fees.* If you choose an additional night(s), that night’s dinner and the following morning’s breakfast is included.
*$8.50 per person baggage handling fee.
6% Michigan sales tax and 2% Mackinac Island assessment fee.
**After 6:30pm dresses, skirts, blouses, dress sweaters and dress slacks for ladies are preferred, while gentleman are required to wear a suit coat, necktie and dress pants, no denim or shorts. Children 12 years and older are expected to follow the same dress code as adults.
EXCLUSIVE TWO-PART SEMINAR WITH KERRY MENDEZ
Sunday, August 26, 2018
$55.00 per person includes both talks, extensive handouts, Q & A and book signing.*
Make your reservation at Proven Winners or call Cindy at 815-899-1973.
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM ~ Registration for seminar and Grand Garden Show, if attending.
1:30 PM – 4:30 PM ~ Seminar
~PART ONE: The Budget-Wise Gardener: Plant the Best for Less! Money-Saving Tips for Purchasing Plants Plus Cost-Saving Garden Designs.
Discover a wealth of ideas for getting the best price and value for exceptional plants. The plant sources and strategies will surprise you! Also covered are striking design concepts for eye-popping, pollinator-friendly landscapes requiring less maintenance and water. And container gardening takes on a whole new spin with these cost-effective, creative ideas!
~PART TWO: Save the Pollinators: “Attractive” Landscapes for Pollinators and Homeowners.
What could be more heavenly than a beautiful low-maintenance garden filled with “moving art”: birds, butterflies and other pollinators? Discover eye-catching perennials and flowering shrubs – mostly native – that benefit BOTH homeowners and pollinators. The focus will also be on sustainable care – creating landscapes that require less water, fertilizer and pesticides.
*Books will be available for purchase.
2018 DAY TICKET Information
You can register online for Day Tickets at Proven Winners or call Cindy at 815-899-1973.
Day ticket prices are as follows:
- Monday Only (August 27): $125 per person for the morning seminars, afternoon private garden tours on Mackinac Island and evening cocktail reception in the Tea Garden.
- Tuesday Only (August 28): $100 per person for the morning seminars and afternoon private garden tours on Mackinac Island.
- Monday and Tuesday Combination: $175 per person for the Monday morning seminars, afternoon private garden tours on Mackinac Island, Monday evening cocktail reception in the Tea Garden, Tuesday morning seminars and afternoon private garden tours on Mackinac Island.
If you purchase day tickets in advance, you will pick up your name badge and information packet at the Proven Winners Registration desk on the day of the event.
Day ticket sales will continue on-site if there is availability. Quantities are limited.
Register online for carriage rides at Proven Winners or call Cindy at 815-899-1973.
We offer horse-drawn carriage rides that allow convenient access to all of the private gardens on the tour. The carriages will loop around designated routes indicated on the tour map, and you will have the opportunity to get on and off at designated stops as desired. Carriage rides are highly recommended, especially on the East Bluff, as Mackinac Island is very hilly. You must be registered for the Grand Garden Show to view the private gardens by carriage!
Carriage rides are available from 2-5 pm on Monday, August 27th and Tuesday, August 28th. Handicap accessible carriages are available.
Your name badge will indicate what day(s) you have chosen to travel by carriage to the private gardens.
You may also choose to walk or ride a bike which are fun modes of transportation as well.